Re: geometry data type

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: geometry data type
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Sajan S wrote:
>                     We are working on MapServer with postgresql-8.1.8 on
> fedora core 4. The geometry data type is not available in the linux version
> of PostgreSQL. In postgresql 8.0.0beta5(windows version ) the  geometry data
> type is available, which we use on our Windows machine. But it is not
> available for linux in the newer version of postgresql also. Kindly suggest
> some alternates for this so that we can proceed with our work.

What data type are you talking about? There is no data type called
"geometry" in 8.0 either.

There is a bunch of geometric data types, described in Section 8.7 of
the manual:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/datatype-geometric.html

but there hasn't been any significant changes to them between 8.0 and 8.1.

Are you perhaps using PostGIS? In that case, you need to install the
PostGIS extension separately, like you did for 8.0. Please refer to the
PostGIS documentation for further details on that.

Ps. The most recent release of the 8.1-series is 8.1.10. Also, there's
significant improvements to the Windows port in 8.2. You should consider
upgrading.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas