Easier sorting & searching in the edit grid?

От Andreas
Тема Easier sorting & searching in the edit grid?
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

I'd like to propose a tiny addition to the edit grid that shows tables
and query results.
The sorting&filter dialog is most of the time overkill when I just want
to look something up.

I'd be nice to have additional command buttons like you find e.g. in
MS-Office:
One clicks into a column and then

1)   a)   "A-->Z"
       b)  "Z-->A"   to sort the grid by this column.

2)   a)   A button that asks for a value to search within this column.
      b)   continue

Or set filters on this column:
3)  a)    show just records that have the same value in this column as
the cell that has the focus right now.
     b)   NOT (1)

4)   ask for an expression X and set a filter on the current column.
This might be more work so it isn't a priority but it'd be really helpful.
E.g.   mouse click in column   "some_number".
Then click button and enter :    ">100 and <900 or null"
pgAdmin would expand this to:
(some_number > 100) AND (some_number < 900) OR (some_number IS NULL)

I think even just 1) - 3) would save a whole lot of typing and retyping
b/c of wrong spelling.

Regards
Andreas