Re: Need to run CLUSTER to keep performance

От Rafael Martinez
Тема Re: Need to run CLUSTER to keep performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Rafael Martinez wrote:

>> The 'problem' is that performance decrease during the day and the only
>> thing that helps is to run CLUSTER on the table with problems. VACUUM
>> ANALYZE does not help.
>
> Probably because all the live tuples are clustered at the end of the
> table, and the initial pages are polluted with dead tuples.  Try
> vacuuming the table much more often, say every few minutes.
>
> Your table is 2536 pages long, but it could probably be in the vicinity
> of 700 ...

We run VACUUM ANALYZE every 10 minuttes during 2-3 days to see if it
helped, but when it didn't we when back to the old configuration (1 time
everyday)

Yes, after a CLUSTER we are using 517 pages. But the table does not grow
much, it is always around 12-20MB, it looks like vacuum works without
problems.

regards,
--
 Rafael Martinez, <r.m.guerrero@usit.uio.no>
 University of Oslo, Norway

 PGP Public Key: http://folk.uio.no/rafael/

Сообщение: Re: Need to run CLUSTER to keep performance
Сообщение: Re: Need to run CLUSTER to keep performance