Parsed Query Trees

От Kevin Neufeld
Тема Parsed Query Trees
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Does anyone know if a parsed query tree object is exposed in the jdbc
API?  I couldn't find any such thing, nor could I find it in the
developers roadmap.

My particular requirement is that I need to be able to parse /
deconstruct an arbitrary SELECT query (which may be overly complicated)
and add custom filters to the WHERE clause depending on what columns
(optionally schema-qualified) and server datatypes are specified in the
select clause.

I'm currently use a sql parser that I wrote, but it seems silly to have
to re-invent the wheel.  I suppose I could use a 3rd party jar, like
sql4j or Zsql, but these are rather old and simplistic and don't seem to
do what I need them to do.  Postgres is already parsing my sql queries -
it would just be nice to have access to these parsed query trees so I
can edit and then resend them to the database.

Cheers,
Kevin

Kevin Neufeld
Software Developer