Re: Training events policy ... first test case

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:20071104100021.2d67ad72@scratch" type="cite"><pre wrap="">-----BEGIN PGP
SIGNEDMESSAGE-----

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 12:53:00 -0500
Chander Ganesan <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com"><chander@otg-nc.com></a>
wrote:
eachtraining

communitysupporter hat....we donate either way ;-)

50 * 1 isn't much of a deterrent.
50 * 12 could be.  </pre></blockquote> I disagree.  Consider that if they sell a class for $2200 apiece, 600 is a
pittance...it'sless than the profit of 1 student, and if you consider that listing a class 12 times brings them, say 2
students(probably more, but I'm being ultra-conservative here), it's still worth the cost.<br /><br /> Consider that we
posta limited number of classes and make regular donations that are much larger than $600 (note: we offer air, hotel,
andtraining for that price...so our margins are considerably smaller).<br /><blockquote
cite="mid:20071104100021.2d67ad72@scratch"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Especially since it would be non refundable and the listing time is
short, but it isn't so much the dollar amount (I left it low on
purpose). It is the fact they must donate.

Most unsavory companies I know are also cheap bastards and won't spend
a nickel if they don't have to. I strongly doubt that we are generating
enough leads for certfirst for them to go through the requisition
process for the donations. </pre></blockquote> I think you'd be surprised...companies do something similar with Novell,
andhave to pay Novell something like $1000/year/location listed (they can then list an unlimited number of classes at
thelocation) but still find it worthwhile, IMHO Novell's training locater is virtually useless, the number of courses
listedis an order of magnitude greater than the number that actually run...  A single lead that turned into an on-site
coursewould more than pay for a good 100+ listings...<br /><br /> Besides, if a company is running that many courses,
thenthey can definitely afford to pony up a bit more change...especially here in the US.  I would propose some kind of
slidingscale based on the country perhaps...we don't want to price Dextra out of a market....or any other company that
doesbusiness in a weaker currency (though the way things are going there might not be that many...).<br /><blockquote
cite="mid:20071104100021.2d67ad72@scratch"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

- --
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.commandprompt.com/">http://www.commandprompt.com/</a>       UNIQUE NOT NULL

Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate">http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate</a>
PostgreSQL Replication: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.commandprompt.com/products/">http://www.commandprompt.com/products/</a>

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case