Re: Training events policy ... first test case

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:20071104093921.1764ce36@scratch" type="cite"><pre wrap="">-----BEGIN PGP
SIGNEDMESSAGE-----

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 11:52:40 -0500
Chander Ganesan <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com"><chander@otg-nc.com></a>
wrote:
seriouslydoubt that postgresql training growth is being stymied

30+events in 5+ cities listed on the

training page by one or more companies that has plans to run maybe 1
Of the first 14 training events, 3 are from unknowns (including
certfirst).

Are we making more out of this than we should be?

However I do see a flood of entries later from Certfirst. Not to be an
ass, but this problem goes away for the forseeable future if we just
ban Certfirst from posting training events. There is no way they are
running all those classes. </pre></blockquote><blockquote cite="mid:20071104093921.1764ce36@scratch" type="cite"><pre
wrap="">
/me puts FG hat on.

Perhaps as 50.00 donation should be required for each training listing. </pre></blockquote> Me, puts of community
supporterhat....we donate either way ;-)  However, I think that $50 isn't much of a deterrent.  I think if you want it
tobe a deterrent to event spam, put that number a bit higher.   That was my idea with the "first X are free for 1
cite="mid:20071104093921.1764ce36@scratch"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Joshua D. Drake

- --
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997  <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.commandprompt.com/">http://www.commandprompt.com/</a>       UNIQUE NOT NULL

Donate to the PostgreSQL Project: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate">http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate</a>
PostgreSQL Replication: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.commandprompt.com/products/">http://www.commandprompt.com/products/</a>

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">majordomo@postgresql.org</a> so that your
cols="72">--

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case