Re: Training events policy ... first test case

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:11C05F0DB74E05E2520344B5@ganymede.hub.org" type="cite"><pre
wrap="">-----BEGINPGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

- --On Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:53:47 -0500 Chander Ganesan
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com"><chander@otg-nc.com></a> wrote:
growth being stymied because we have a list of training events that doesn't
represent classes *actually* being offered.  Seems like at the very least a
short term "band aid" solution could be applied while we try to figure out a
way to adequately and fairly address the issue...  I'm sure as time goes on
we'll come to better understand the needs of companies that legitimately
How is this much different then universities / colleges that offer Course
timeslot X/Y and Z, but cancel slot Z because there wasn't enough enrollment to
make it worth doign? </pre></blockquote> I think the University has the intention of offering the class, they also have
anestablished and published rule in regard to the criteria to offer the course, they have an instructor that is slated
andavailable to teach the class in advance, they have a facility that is "reserved" in advance for the event, etc.  I
couldgo on and on....  In our case, we've got companies that are using the training list for lead generation, to sell
PGrelated services and/or training.  One such company in question apparently lists themselves as a consulting company
thatalso offers PG training (refer to the PG services page).<br /><br /> If someone goes to the training page, they see
20+events, all in different cities, some of which are "close by" to them..so they give them a call.  They then get a
marketpitch for an on-site course, PG consulting services, or "herded" into a different class in a different cities,
wherethey try to "pool" sufficient people for a class.  It's a common technique in the training industry...<br /><br />
It'sno different than, say CMD, listing training events so they can gain leads for on-site training or PG services.
Theydon't do it (and I doubt that JD would stoop to that level), but it illustrates the point.<br /><br /> From my
perspective,we offer a quality product...in a competitive market, with above-the-board business practices we've been
ableto flourish - as have a number of others (Modern, BNR, EDB, etc).  I'd hate to see companies stop offering PG
training,or reduce the frequency of such courses, because of such practices by others.  As Tom said, he recognizes
cite="mid:11C05F0DB74E05E2520344B5@ganymede.hub.org"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.hub.org">http://www.hub.org</a>)
Email . <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:scrappy@hub.org">scrappy@hub.org</a>
  MSN . <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:scrappy@hub.org">scrappy@hub.org</a>

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case