Re: Training events policy ... first test case

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Tom Lane wrote: <blockquote cite="mid:6444.1194156934@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">Chander Ganesan <a
class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"href="mailto:chander@otg-nc.com"><chander@otg-nc.com></a> writes: </pre><blockquote
type="cite"><prewrap="">I'm still opposed to event spam..which everyone seems to conveniently

Oh, we hear you, we're just not sure what to do about it ...
on the list at a time?  Say a maximum of 5 events listed at a time?
That's fairly even handed, and would force folks to post courses that
I don't much like this one, because it would skew the playing field in
favor of smaller companies.  If there were someone out there able to
field 100 events, but they could only advertise 5, how is that good for
either them or the potential attendees? </pre></blockquote> First off, I apologize..I didn't see this before I sent out
mylast message (where I said I felt like I was being ignored..).<br /><blockquote
cite="mid:6444.1194156934@sss.pgh.pa.us"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

Conversely, I think your ultimate concern is with companies that can
really only field 5 events but advertise 100 to see what will happen :-( </pre></blockquote> That's the gist of it, but
Idon't see how you can differentiate between the two and be "fair".  <br /><br /> I think that if the time came where
someonesaid "this is too restrictive, I can field lots of events and want to" then this could be revisited.  At
present,I don't think there is anyone that can do so.  I also don't think the training market for PG events is big
enoughto support such a thing anyways..  Also, keep in mind that this isn't the only venue for advertising events.
Lotsof other venues exist...  This is just one of them...<br /><br /> Besides, someone would be able to list their 5
upcomingcourses and as soon as one drops off add another to the end.  If you consider admin courses alone that's
listinga calendar 5 months in advance (potentially).<br /><blockquote cite="mid:6444.1194156934@sss.pgh.pa.us"
type="cite"><prewrap="">

Maybe we should try to discourage that sort of gamesmanship by instead
allowing/supporting ad campaigns on the order of "call us, we'll bring
our training to you", or "vote here for course X offered in city Y at
/><br/><br /><blockquote cite="mid:6444.1194156934@sss.pgh.pa.us" type="cite"><pre wrap="">            regards, tom
lane

TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate      subscribe-nomail command to <a
class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"href="mailto:majordomo@postgresql.org">majordomo@postgresql.org</a> so that your
cols="72">--

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case