Re: Training events policy ... first test case

От Chander Ganesan
Тема Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Дата
Список pgsql-www
thisbut I agree with the blob of text argument.. perhaps we

could change:

There are 21 training events in 4 countries scheduled over the next six
months from EnterpriseDB, CertFirst, Open Technology Group and others.
Take a look at our schedule to find the training that you want.

In the next six months, there are <link>21 events</link> in 4 countries
thought,I don't think that doing this is in the best interest of the community, or the companies that offer training.
Mostpeople learn about training events that might be of interest to them via the smattering of courses that are listed
onthe main page.  Aside from those people, there is a small group of people that are actually actively looking for
trainingthat will go to the "training" page for upcoming events.<br /><br /> As such, providers who might want to
increasetheir support for PostgreSQL or related products will have less incentive to do so, since its unlikely that
theircourses will even be considered.  For example, we offer a "PostgreSQL Performance Tuning" course that focuses on
topicsthat would be of interest to experience PostgreSQL administrators.  This course is geared at folks who have lots
ofPG experience - and thus aren't interested in training.  We commonly see enrollment for this course when the course
hitsthe front page, and little to no enrollment in it at other times.  If we offer it a few times and don't get a
certainenrollment level, we'll just stop offering it.  The same would be true of other courses that we offer, such as
"Implementingdatabases with PostgreSQL", which we've had specific community requests for on -advocacy, but which
probablywouldn't get much enrollment in unless it hit the front page.<br /><br /> I'm torn on this, on one hand I'm
surethe intention is to allow the community to grow and prosper as much as possible, while on the other hand to take an
even-handedapproach to the display of upcoming courses on the homepage.<br /><br /> What are the chances of adding a
thereare <link>21 events</link> in 4 countries

Database Implement ion and Performance Tuning events.</pre><br /><blockquote
cite="mid:30F7311191EA4127FE35229B@ganymede.hub.org"type="cite"><pre wrap="">

- ----
Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.hub.org">http://www.hub.org</a>)
Email . <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:scrappy@hub.org">scrappy@hub.org</a>
  MSN . <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:scrappy@hub.org">scrappy@hub.org</a>

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560
Phone: 877-258-8987/919-463-0999
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.otg-nc.com">http://www.otg-nc.com</a>
</pre>

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case
Сообщение: Re: Training events policy ... first test case