Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> This is where I hate debugging email issues ... Bruce IMd me about this, I
> looked around and the only problem that I could see was that the caching DNS
> server within the VPS itself was still reporting one scanner, so I restarted
> named, and postfix after to clear out any caches it might have, and mail
> started flowing again ...

You know, that DNS hangy thing reminds me a *lot* of the problems we had
on wwwmaster prior to the move to tribble. Now, I don't think the move
to tribble itself fixed it, but we did upgrade FreeBSD at that time, no?
Does this machine by any chance have the same FreeBSD release as the
*old* wwwmaster?

> But there is nothing on either side to indicate a problem ... but restarting
> postfix 'unstuck' it ...

We used to have monitoring on the mailqueue length on svr1, that could
catch these things. actually, I see that we still have monitoring, but
we've disabled notifications for it. Perhaps we should re-enable that to
keep track ofthings properly?
(Won't work for the notifies sent through -slaves though, since they'll
also get caught in the backlog if that happens)

BTW, I'm seeing much better times this morning. Just did another run,
this is the data for the past 9 hours:                           path                            | count | avg
------------------------------------------------------------+-------+-----postgresql.org -> mx2.hub.org
            |    21 | 169mx2.hub.org -> svr2.hagander.net                           |    21 |   1svr2.hagander.net ->
svr2.hagander.net                    |    21 |   0postgresql.org -> localhost (mx1.hub.org [200.46.204.184]) |    13 |
18localhost(mx1.hub.org [200.46.204.184]) -> postgresql.org |    13 |  13localhost (mx1.hub.org [200.46.204.183]) ->
postgresql.org|     8 |   6postgresql.org -> localhost (mx1.hub.org [200.46.204.183]) |     8 |   5sss.pgh.pa.us
(8.14.1/8.14.1)-> postgresql.org            |     4 |  15ug-out-1314.google.com -> postgresql.org                   |
 3 |   1wdscexfe01.sc.wdc.com -> postgresql.org                    |     2 |  17

169 seconds is a lot more reasonable. It's still a bit of time, but I
assume that's when it does the spamscanning? (sice it delivers to my
machine in no more than a second after that)

//Magnus

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Сообщение: Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: what is up with the PG mailing lists?