Re: PostgreSQL 8.3, libpq and WHERE CURRENT OF

От Sebastien FLAESCH
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 8.3, libpq and WHERE CURRENT OF
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Just found this in the doc:

"WITH HOLD may not be specified when the query includes FOR UPDATE or FOR SHARE"

Here is what the Informix doc says about WITH HOLD + FOR UPDATE:

"It is possible to declare an update cursor with the WITH HOLD keywords,
but the only reason to do so is to break a long series of updates into
smaller transactions. You must fetch and update a particular row in the
same transaction."

However, I believe Informix keeps the locks set by WITH HOLD + FOR UPDATE
cursors, even if a transaction is terminated... locks are released when
the cursor is closed.

Seb