Caching in PostgreSQL

От
Тема Caching in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi,

    Can anybody tell me how can I implement data Caching in the
shared memory using PostgreSQL.

    For one of the projects we are using Postgres version 8.0.3 and
were planning to support table partitioning in order to improve the DB
query/update performance but, it will be very much helpful if anybody
can tell me whether data cache is possible in Postgres.

We also, need to know if the DB view is kept in the DB Managers program
memory or in the shared memory of the processor. If it is in the shared
memory, we only need to know the shared memory address/name so that we
can access. If not in shared memory then we need know whether it is
possible to make the postgress to store the DB view in shared memory.

Thanks in Advance,
Ram.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive
useof the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient,you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy
allcopies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for
thepresence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com