Re: Changelog and 7.1.3 release

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Changelog and 7.1.3 release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can we come to some kind of decision on this before going beta?

>> The point of these changelogs was to show the changes between beta and rc
>> versions, because those were not necessarily recorded in the HISTORY file.
>> However, putting these in the tarball is questionable (if you already
>> downloaded the tarball then you might as well proceed with installing it),
>> still having them there now is even more questionable (who cares?), and
>> making them for minor releases is redundant and confusing.  I vote for
>> removing them.

I agree with Peter on this; I don't see much value in putting these
files into the distribution, and none at all in preserving them
indefinitely.

I'd suggest that the future procedure ought to be to pull a changelog
from CVS but put it beside the tarball on the FTP server, not inside
the tarball (and certainly not back into CVS --- that's redundant).