Re: looking for some real world performance numbers

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Re: looking for some real world performance numbers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ow Mun Heng wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-21 at 22:54 -0400, Guy Rouillier wrote:
>>  The current app uses stored procedures
>> for all inserts, and PG didn't do well with that approach; substituting
>> embedded inserts fixed that problem.  So PG can definitely "handle" very
>

> Can you explain what is embedded inserts?

Insert via embedded SQL insert statements in our Java code, as opposed
to embedded SQL stored proc invocations, which in turn do the inserts.
The existing code base used the latter approach, which didn't work well
with PG.  I suspect it has to do with PG's stored proc overload
capability.  The short of it is that *any* DBMS you use will have its
own quirks that you become acquainted with and learn to work around.

--
Guy Rouillier

Сообщение: Re: looking for some real world performance numbers
Сообщение: Re: looking for some real world performance numbers