Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request

От Tore Halset
Тема Re: ERROR: canceling query due to user request
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 7, 2004, at 16:54, Tom Lane wrote:

> Tore Halset <halset@pvv.ntnu.no> writes:
>> I am trying to port an old java application from MS SQL Server to
>> PostgreSQL running on Mac OS X.
>> The problem is that the server returns "ERROR:  canceling query due to
>> user request" on some of the queries.
>
> The proximate cause of this has to be that something is sending SIGINT
> to the backend process that's running the query.  You'll have to look
> around for reasons for that to happen, if you're sure that your client
> code isn't doing it.  A couple of possibilities come to mind:
>
> 1. You accidentally typed ^C on the terminal window the postmaster was
> launched from.

No. The same PostgreSQL server are serving other java clients without
problems. It is all running on my PowerBook.

> 2. The postmaster was launched under non-infinite resource limits
> (ulimit settings) and whatever enforces that on OS X does it by sending
> SIGINT rather than the more standard signals for such things.  Do the
> SIGINTs come at predictable times, such as when the backend has
> accumulated X amount of runtime?

I have not changed any ulimit settings in the OS and have not changed
anything besides the log_statement in postgresql.conf.

I need to debug all of the trafic between the server and the client to
track down this problem.

Regards,
  - Tore.