Re: c-language function .h file changes between (major) versions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: c-language function .h file changes between (major) versions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"TJ O'Donnell" <tjo@acm.org> writes:
> So, my question is: Is there some hard and fast rule about when
> one needs to recompile c-language functions from one pg version to
> another?  Always for a major version change?  minor?  I suppose
> the wise thing is to recompile with ANY pg version change.

You should definitely expect to recompile for a major version change.
You can generally get away without it in minor version updates, although
once in a while we will change internal APIs in a minor update if it's
necessary to fix a bug.