Re: pgAdmin 1.8RC1 - failed to launch on Mac OS X

От Dave Page
Тема Re: pgAdmin 1.8RC1 - failed to launch on Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
genetiq@gmail.com wrote:

>>> I tried to build pgAdmin from source, but the same thing happened.
>> In that case I'm afraid I have no idea. Anyone else?
>
> Maybe it will make sense if i build all components with
> --enable-debug? I'm not much of a programmer, but if you give me some
> clues how to collect crash data and debug info, I can do this.

We can certainly try that. If you build a debug bundle (make the
components with the debug flag, and instead of 'make install' run
pkg/mac/debug-bundle.sh), you should then be able to run it under GDB
with something like:

gdb ./pgadmin3-debug.app/Contents/MacOS/pgAdmin3

and then use 'run' to start it. When it crashes, lets start by using
'bt' to get a backtrace and take it from there (yes, it'll look like the
original one from the crash report, but they're often misleading when
generated from release builds).

Regard, Dave