Re: Grid editor crash during row insert

От Alexander Kirpa
Тема Re: Grid editor crash during row insert
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
On 18 Oct 2007, at 12:04, Dave Page wrote:

> Alexander Kirpa wrote:
> In addition some suggestion about 'Types', especially 'System type'.
> > Possible exist reason for 'System type' need have separate place in
> > tree. In my case more 100 'System type' etc. plus only approx. 10
> > real 'Types' that too hide within 'System Types'
>
> System types live under the Catalogs node. What you are probably
> seeing is types created by contrib modules in the public schema.
Please try on empty DB with 'Show System Objects in the treeview':
CREATE TABLE i2(i2 smallint NOT NULL,CONSTRAINT i2_pk PRIMARY KEY
(i2));

and see "system" type 'i2' in 'Types'

In case 100-200 tables DB with 5-10 "user" 'Types' - "system" 'Types'
only waste space and hide important "user" types plus hints for
"system" type wrong:
1. Impossible DROP and/or MODIFY 'System Types'
2. Impossible change owner of 'System Type' over 'Properties'

Possible solution:
a) Separate branch under 'Schemas'->(public)->'System Types'/'Table
Types' or
b) Separate branch under appropriate table 'Schemas'->(public)-
>'Tables'->(i2)->'Types'

Best regards,Alexander Kirpa

От: Guillaume Lelarge
Сообщение: Re: Wish list and Doc Errors
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: Grid editor crash during row insert