Re: ordering rows

От brian
Тема Re: ordering rows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bob Pawley wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a table 'import' which is an amalgam of two other tables
> 'loops' and 'devices'.
>
> The ID column of loops is reflected in the import table. However the
> order of rows ends up as, a for instance, 6, 8, 7, 4, 5 3, 2, 1.

These are the IDs from loops?

> I need to fetch these rows one at a time, in sequence with the loop
> ID, to process them in a delphi interface before going on to the next
> row.

ORDER BY loops.id ASC

> Query-
>
> 1. Can I somehow ensure that the rows are transfered to the import
> table in numerical sequence with the ID of the loop table?

Ensure that *what* is transferred? The rows from imports? Do they have a
foreign key pointing to loops?

> 2. Is there a method of using the fetch command to ensure that rows
> are picked up sequentially - lowest ID to highest ID or vice-versa?
>
> 3. Is there another mehod of accomplishing this task other than
> fetch?

Perhaps you should post your SELECT statement and a sample of the result
you're getting (and a sample of what you desire to get wouldn't hurt).

brian