Re: need help with rebuilding postgresql

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: need help with rebuilding postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jooy wrote:
> Hello all,
> We have a serious problem. Out dedicated server was hacked last
> Sunday. And technical support used a new hard drive with new-installed
> centOS to build our new server. Unfortunately, we don't have database
> backup(pg_dump). We only have the old drive mounted and access normal
> files. Is there any way we can just use those files to restore the
> database? If we can, How? Any input are extremely welcome.

You need an old copy of Postgesql - the same version you previously had.
It should also have the same build-options. The simplest solution would
probably be to do a minimal install of your old O.S. (a previous version
of CentOS) and then the relevant version of PostgreSQL.

If there's an RPM with the right version of PostgreSQL for your current
CentOS, you could try that, but take a filesystem backup first.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd