Re: pg_dump dying (and VACUUM ANALYZE woes)...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump dying (and VACUUM ANALYZE woes)...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Wampler <swampler@noao.edu> writes:
> I'm getting the following error from pg_dump when trying to
> dump a particular database:
> -> pg_dump logdb >logdb.dump
> pqWait() -- connection not open
> PQendcopy: resetting connection
> SQL query to dump the contents of Table 'messages' did not execute correctly.  After we read all the table contents
fromthe backend, PQendcopy() failed.  Explanation from backend: 'The Data Base System is starting up
> '.
> The query was: 'COPY "messages" TO stdout;
> '.
> About 25MB has been dumped when this error occurs.  (There's 15GB
> free on the disk partition.)

Looks like you've got corrupted data in that table (clobbered length
word in some variable-length field, most likely).

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Deadlock detected
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Using pl/pgsql or sql for in/out functions for types