Re: support for hyper-long transactions ...

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: support for hyper-long transactions ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hans-Juergen Schoenig wrote:
> at the moment i am working on an application which is supposed to run
> extremely large transactions (a lot of server side stored procedure
> stuff which can hardly be split into small transactions for visibility
> reasons).
> so, from time to time it happens that i exceed my CommandCounter (>
> 2.000.000.000 statements inside the same transaction).

AFAICS, maximum number of command ids is actually 2^32-1, or over 4
billion. Are you sure you bumped into that limit and not something else?
What's the error message you're getting?

What version of Postgres is this? PG 8.3 will have another related limit
on the number of combocids you can have.

Сообщение: Re: support for hyper-long transactions ...
Сообщение: Re: support for hyper-long transactions ...