Re: Vacuum goes worse

От Stéphane Schildknecht
Тема Re: Vacuum goes worse
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Heikki Linnakangas a écrit :
> Stéphane Schildknecht wrote:
>
>> I wonder vacuum verbose would tell me if fsm parameters were not too
>> badly configured, but I can't get the 4 last lines of the output...
>>

> Why not?

I would like to know... Seems like vacuum does not want me to see these
precious line. I really don't know why.

>> Whats's more, I wonder what we could monitor to get some explanation of
>> the recent time increase, and then have a quite-sure way of configuring
>> the server.
>>

> sar or iostat output would be a good start, to determine if it's waiting
> for I/O or what.

Ok, I'll try that.

> Increasing checkpoint_segments seems like a good idea then. You should
> increase checkpoint_timeout as well, 180 is just 3 minutes. How much
> concurrent activity is there in the database? 30 pg_xlog files equals
> 512 MB of WAL; that's quite a lot.

I don't know exactly how far, but yes, activity is high.
> Have you changed the vacuum cost delay settings from the defaults?

Not yet.

--
Stéphane SCHILDKNECHT
Président de PostgreSQLFr

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Vacuum goes worse
От: Jason Lustig
Сообщение: Autovacuum running out of memory