Re: what permissions must a user have?

От Dave Page
Тема Re: what permissions must a user have?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Belbin, Peter wrote:
> What permissions / rights must a user have in order to be able to use
> the arbitrary sql statement tool please?
>
> I have a user using 1.6.3 that is unable to enter text into the text
> field, and am curious which permissions are required.

The only permissions required are those to execute the SQL on the
objects in the database - ie. select permission to select from a table
and so on. There are no permissions that would stop you typing in the
SQL though - the checking is done by the server when you execute.

Have you eyeballed the problem yourself? Are you sure they're not trying
to type into the log pane or something?

/D