Problem with tablespaces on older versions of PostgreSQL

От Albin Blaschka
Тема Problem with tablespaces on older versions of PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello!

I just discovered the following problem with PGAdmin 1.8 RC1 (on WinXP)
I have a server where still PostgreSQL version 7.4.7 is running (Debian
Sarge). I created a table with PGAdmin, finished (which went fine) and
added a little bit later some more columns.
PGAdmin gave me a syntax error, because in the SQL seen in the SQl-Pane
there is (obviously because of the version of the database server) no
name for a tablespace...

The generated SQL looks something like

ALTER TABLE myschema.mytable   ADD COLUMN test character varying(3);
ALTER TABLE myschema.mytable SET TABLESPACE ;

I hope I made it clear!

Thanks for PGAdmin III and your continuing efforts!

Albin

** Albin Blaschka, Mag. rer. nat.
**
** HBLFA Raumberg - Gumpenstein
** Projektaquisition
** Tel.: ++43 (0)3682 / 22451 - 244
** For the creation of this message 100% recycled electrons were used!