Re: Some questions about mammoth replication

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Some questions about mammoth replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexey Klyukin wrote:

>> For what use cases do you think your WAL-based approach is better than
>> Slony/Skytools trigger-based one ?
>>

> A pure trigger based approach can only replicate data for the commands
> which fire triggers. AFAIK Slony is unable to replicate TRUNCATE
> command
It could be wrapped with ddl_script which obviously isn't transparent to
the application, but I guess a table that's truncated regularly won't be
a typical candidate  for (async) replication either.

Regards,
Andreas

От: Alexey Klyukin
Сообщение: Re: Some questions about mammoth replication
От: "Marko Kreen"
Сообщение: Re: Some questions about mammoth replication