Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher

От Michael Paesold
Тема Re: First steps with 8.3 and autovacuum launcher
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> OK, I've got this working now. It successfully handles this test case,
> which trips up on an auto ANALYZE every time I run it.
> I notice when we cancel an AV worker it always says "cancelling
> autovacuum of table", even when its just an ANALYZE. Wasn't important
> before but now looks a little strange.
> Any other input anyone?

What about VACUUM (not just ANALYZE)? The starter of the thread
"Possible bugreport 8.3 beta1 on Win32: Looking like a deadlock with
AutoVacuum" complained about vacuum, not analyze.

It is just as Tom said earlier: it will be before end of beta that
people will complain about more than just restoring dumps. ;-)

So does this approach work for both analyze as well as vacuum?

Best Regards
Michael Paesold