Re: statement caching link on jdbc page

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: statement caching link on jdbc page
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Heikki,

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
Kris Jurka wrote:
On Fri, 5 Oct 2007, Till Toenges wrote:

I added a new section "Download Current Version" below the "About"
section. The idea behind this is that most people will be interested
only in one or two versions. In the dummy only one link to the current
JDBC 3 version is included, the download statistics should show which
other versions are popular enough to be included here.
I think this is a good idea, but I would include a link to JDBC4 as well
because despite our poor support it is the way of the future.
It'd be nice to have just a single version in the "Current version"
section. Could we have just the JDBC4 version there? Does it work with
older JDKs? Would be nice to have a bit more details on which JDK
versions each jar works with.

No, it doesn't work with older JDK's. Here is the problem. The class file structures have changed with newer versions, and cannot be read by older JRE's

You cannot compile a newer JDBC with an old compiler since the interfaces are not implemented ( among other things ) , and the  newer jars cannot be run with older JRE's

We didn't go to all the trouble of making it really hard to understand for the sake of obsfucation.

Dave
This is also a convenient place to link to the extras page, with a
short description of what else is available. This way, the extras will
be more prominently displayed, and more people will find them.
I hoping we fold in the copy stuff so that disappears and until we have
some actual documentation/experience with the statement caching version,
I'm not sure how prominently I would like to promote it.
Agreed, let's rather try to get the copy stuff merged.

The table at the end is the same as before. Could be split up in
"Development Versions", "Archived Versions" and "Source Downloads"
tables if it gets too crowded, but it's ok for now.
Yeah, since we don't even maintain 7.X anymore, mentioning 6.X and 0.2
is a little pointless.
Splitting maintained and no longer maintained versions into separate
tables is a good idea. As it is, there's no mention that the older
versions are not maintained.

Сообщение: Re: statement caching link on jdbc page
Сообщение: Re: statement caching link on jdbc page