Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Heikki,

> It's clearly pgBouncer here that's braking the protocol, so it's
> pgBouncer that needs fixing. A workaround in JDBC driver would only help
> JDBC apps. If you're having non-java applications in the mix, you'd have
> to implement the workaround in *all* the drivers.
>
> BTW: I just stumbled across this Greg Sabine Mullane's blog post, which
> describes a workaround for DBD::Pg perl module, so we're not alone:
> http://people.planetpostgresql.org/greg/index.php?/archives/110-Using-DBDPg-with-pg_bouncer.html

Well, I think we have the right group of people here to think about what
needs to be fixed.  One of the Sun engineers can help with it, which I
think is necessary since I doubt Marco has the time.

So, given pgBouncer's purpose, what exactly should it be doing to handle
prepared connections?  That is, how can it support the v3 protocol
without eliminating its tremendous scalability?

--Josh

Сообщение: Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer
Сообщение: Re: Prepared Statements vs. pgbouncer