Re: ERROR: invalid byte sequence from psql - Works perfectly from pgAdmin III query window

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: ERROR: invalid byte sequence from psql - Works perfectly from pgAdmin III query window
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Anoo Sivadasan Pillai wrote:
> Why the Fun_ABC1 is created and Fun_ABC12 is raising the following
> error, while run through psql, ( I Could create both the functions from
> PgAdmin III query )
>
> ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x93
>
> HINT:  This error can also happen if the byte sequence does not match
> the encoding expected by the server, which is controlled by
> "client_encoding".

Check your "client_encoding" setting in psql perhaps?

Presumably the text-file contains non-UTF8 characters but the
client_encoding says UTF8. Copying+pasting into pgAdmin is probably
translating for you.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd