Re: [HACKERS] BEGIN vs START TRANSACTION

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] BEGIN vs START TRANSACTION
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
> Jan Wieck wrote:
>> Since BEGIN isn't standard, wouldn't it be time to redirect them on the
>> BEGIN manpage to the START TRANSACTION manpage and tell them there that
>> BEGIN does not support the full syntax of START TRANSACTION?

> Yea, we could do that, and if it was hard to add, we would, but it seems
> easier to just say BEGIN and START TRANSACTION are the same except the
> later is standard, rather than have the later have additional
> functionality too.

IIRC, the code patch only added about two lines to gram.y.  It seems a
bit silly to add *more* lines of documentation to explain that the two
statements aren't alike than it would take lines of code to make them
work alike.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] BEGIN vs START TRANSACTION
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] BEGIN vs START TRANSACTION