Re: PGBuildfarm member skylark Branch HEAD Failed at Stage Make

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: PGBuildfarm member skylark Branch HEAD Failed at Stage Make
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm getting less and less satisfied
> with the way that the MSVC build system is forcing us to duplicate all
> the knowledge in the Makefiles.

I whined about this quite some time ago ...

> One thing I did in the commit that broke this was to move the list of
> "fixed" (platform-independent) members of libpgport out of
> Makefile.global.in and into src/port/Makefile.  Is it possible to parse
> that to get the list of fixed members, instead of duplicating the list
> in Mkvcbuild.pm?  Of course Mkvcbuild.pm would still need a list of
> Windows-specific members, but that should be a lot shorter and more
> stable.

I've just been toying around in my head with possibly installing gmake
on a windows build box and making a target where it outputs the list of
source files for building a project from. Maybe that would help.

cheers

andrew