Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster

От Carlos Moreno
Тема Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Michael Fuhr wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at 09:32:43PM -0400, Carlos Moreno wrote:
>
>> Oh, and BTW, welcome to version 8 of PostgreSQL ... The default
>> encoding for initdb is ..... Ta-daaaa!!! Unicode !!!
>>

> No, it isn't.  If you get UTF8 (formerly UNICODE) as a default then
> it's because initdb is picking it up from your environment.
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/app-initdb.html
>
> "The default is derived from the locale, or SQL_ASCII if that does not work."

Right --- I made the "over-assumption" based on the fact that all the
systems
where I've installed it (all Fedora flavors of Linux) use UTF8 as system
locale,
and thus that one in a sense becomes the "default" ...   Not sure about
other
flavors of Unix, but certainly on the Windows world all bets would be off
(not like anyone would care, huh?  ;-) )

Carlos

Сообщение: Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster
Сообщение: Re: Please change default characterset for database cluster