Re: Bug report

От Dave Page
Тема Re: Bug report
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Dave Page wrote:
> Pascal Van Puymbroeck wrote:
>> *PGadmin version 1.6.3 release 6112 on windows
>> from the binary zip file from postgres8.2.5*
>>
>> Creating a sequence by means of the graphical interface works, though
>> a subsequent select nextval() claims he can't find the sequence

>> If I create the sequence without the double quotes
>
>> CREATE SEQUENCE Uqn7

>> The sequence is created and works !

The name gets folded to lower case without the quote so I suspect what
is happening is that you are not quoting the name in the nextval call
correctly. This works:

SELECT nextval('"Uqn7"');

To avoid having to use the double quotes at all, stick to names that
aren't keywords, and are lower case only, optionally including numbers or _

Regards Dave