Weird characters saved in SQL file

От Scott Sturgeon
Тема Weird characters saved in SQL file
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

I'm running pgadmin 1.8.0 Beta 5 (rev: 6630:6631) on Mac OS X 10.4.10
against postgresql 8.2.3...

I've written a bunch of table create statements using the SQL editor
tool and saved them as files... Then I used a php script to parse the
files and run them against the database in a specific order.  For some
reason, at the beginning of each file are some hidden characters...
0xEF. 0xBB & 0xBF respectively. This seems odd to me. Of course, it
caused errors when sending the contents of the files to the database.
I'm now removing those characters before sending the sql to the database
and it works fine now... but a bit of a pain in the ass. IMHO, they
shouldn't be there in the first place. You can't see them when opening
the file using pgadmin, but if you open the file using vim or something,
you will see them there.

Thanks,
Scott

--