Re: Debugger

От Hannes Eder
Тема Re: Debugger
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut schrieb:
> Pedro Belmino wrote:
>
>> I am with a problem. When I am using debugger, breakpoints that they
>> are inside of main function (stop the execution in the marked point)
>> but when breakpoint is marked in another archive (index.c for
>> example) breakpoint does not function (the execution in the point
>> does not stop), because this happens?
>>

> There is a fork() happen between the main function and what you are
> probably looking for break at.  You need to attach to the session
> process after it forks, not to the main postmaster process.

If you just want a single backend, and entering sql commands to the
"backend>" prompt is enough for you, you should consider using the
command line argument --single DATABASE for debugging.

see also:

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-postgres.html

-Hannes

От: "Guillaume Smet"
Сообщение: Re: like/ilike improvements
От: Georgi Chulkov
Сообщение: Re: Raw device I/O for large objects