Re: bug when dropping parent table

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: bug when dropping parent table
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

> I'm beginning to think that we need to try to maintain a list of
> dependent objects within each object (perhaps by OID), and when we drop
> or alter anything, we scan the tree for dependencies and refresh as
> appropriate. I'm worried that could be expensive, but at least it should
> be possible now that the refresh function is able to retain the node
> state. This isn't a project for 1.8 though.

I have to agree with you. This is not for 1.8. Your idea of maitaining a
list of dependent objects is good but too expensive. Another idea is to
query the pg_depend to get all the dependencies (imitating the DROP ...
CASCADE code) before drop the target object. So we could scan the tree
for these dependencies and remove them too.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

От: svn@pgadmin.org
Сообщение: SVN Commit by dpage: r6652 - trunk/pgadmin3/pgadmin/ctl
От: Dave Page
Сообщение: Re: bug when dropping parent table