Re: New/Custom DataType - Altering definition / seeing definition in pgAdmin3

От Roberto Spier
Тема Re: New/Custom DataType - Altering definition / seeing definition in pgAdmin3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ow Mun Heng escreveu:
> I've created a new custom datatype
>
> eg:
>
> create type foo as (
> id smallint
> data1 int
> data2 int
> )
>
> to view the datatype in psql I do
> => \d foo
>
> what is the equilvalent on pgadmin3 or any other SQL query tool?

Within pgAdmin3: File > Option > Display tab > set Types
> As i understand from the docs, I can't alter / change the datatype
> definition. If I need to change it, I need to drop it and re-create it
> again. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Correct. pgAdmin3 will be your friend, as it shows a commented out drop
type instruction   within  eery create type script.

HTH

От: "Scott Marlowe"
Сообщение: Re: creation of tables with warnings
От: "Laimonas Simutis"
Сообщение: Re: processing urls with tsearch2