Re: Extracting hostname from URI column

От Paul Lambert
Тема Re: Extracting hostname from URI column
Дата
Re: Extracting hostname from URI column  (John Summerfield <postgres@herakles.homelinux.org>)
Список pgsql-sql
Paul Lambert wrote:
> chester c young wrote:
>>> I'm trying to use substr() and position() functions to extract the
>>> full host name (and later a domain) from a column that holds URLs.
>>
>> substring( href from '.*://\([^/]*)' );
>>

> Ok, your solution looks better than mine... but I have no idea how to
> interpret that, time to consult some manuals.

OK - following on from this, I'm doing a similar thing to the OP to
analyze my proxy's traffic (never occured to me to do it in a db until
that post)

I've done the above regex to pull out the domain part of the URL and am
left with results such as:
"acvs.mediaonenetwork.net"
"profile.ak.facebook.com"
"www.bankwest.com.au"

What I want to do next is pull out the major domain part of the URL
I.e. for the above three records I should end up with
"mediaonenetwork.net"
"facebook.com"
"bankwest.com.au"

What would be the best way to do something like that? I assume it won't
be a simple regex like the above due to the country codes on the end of
some domains. My thought is look at the last portion of the domain, if
it's 2 characters long then assume it's a country code and grab the last
three sections, if it's not three characters long then assume it's an
international domain and grab the last two... but that sounds a bit dodgy.

--
Paul Lambert
Database Administrator

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: