Re: Data Model - Linking to PHP Code - Literature

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Data Model - Linking to PHP Code - Literature
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

>> Of course you should really have a data model that knows what it wants
>> to sort by and constructs the query appropriately. The table-drawing
>> code can then ask the data-model for heading-names and sort-order
>> details. It's more work up-front, but you only have to do it once and
>> then you can generate new table layouts very easily.
>
> Can you recommend some literature for this subject? Tutorials or
> something online? I know what a data model is. But I have no idea how
> "the table-drawing code can then ask the data model"....

Google around for "metadata" and "data driven/led development"

Basically your data model needs to be able to describe itself in enough
detail that your code can draw it without having to have lots of
parameters set.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd