Re: [Again] Postgres performance problem

От Brian Hurt
Тема Re: [Again] Postgres performance problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Scott Marlowe wrote:

>I'm getting more and more motivated to rewrite the vacuum docs.  I
>think a rewrite from the ground up might be best...  I keep seeing
>people doing vacuum full on this list and I'm thinking it's as much
>because of the way the docs represent vacuum full as anything.  Is
>that true for you?

It's true for me.

I turned off autovacuum as I was getting occassional hangs, which I
thought were the result of vacuums (and have signifigantly decreased
since I did that), and went nightly vacuum fulls, and vacuum
full/reindex/cluster on the weekends (which I now realize is redundant).

Brian

Сообщение: Re: [Again] Postgres performance problem
Сообщение: Re: [Again] Postgres performance problem