Re: pgcrypto related backend crash on solaris 10/x86_64

От Zdenek Kotala
Тема Re: pgcrypto related backend crash on solaris 10/x86_64
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Marko Kreen wrote:
> On 9/11/07, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@sun.com> wrote:
>> Marko Kreen wrote:
>>> This is crashing because of the crippled OpenSSL on some version
>>> of Solaris.  Zdenek Kotala posted a workaround for that, I am
>>> cleaning it but have not found the time to finalize it.
>>>
>>> I'll try to post v03 of Zdenek's patch ASAP.
>
>> However, I guess there still will be a problem with regression tests,
>> because pg_crypto will reports error in case when user tries to use
>> stronger cipher, but it generates diff between expected and real output.
>>
>> I don't know if is possible select different output based on test if
>> strong crypto is installed or not. Maybe some magic in
>> Makefile/Configure. Test should be:
>>
>> # ldd /usr/postgres/8.2/lib/pgcrypto.so  | grep libcrypto_extra
>> #   libcrypto_extra.so.0.9.8 =>      (file not found)
>>
>> if output contains (file not found) library is not installed or not in
>> path (/usr/sfw/lib).
>
> Failing regression tests are fine - it is good if user can
> easily see that the os is broken.

But if build machine  still complain about problem we can easily
overlook another problems. There are two possible solution 1) modify reg
test or 2) recommend to install crypto package on all affected build
machine.

Anyway I plan to add some mention into solaris FAQ when we will have
final patch. I also think It should be good to mention in pg_crypto
README or add comment into regression test expected output file which
will be visible in regression.diff.

    Zdenek