Re: A Silly Idea for Vertically-Oriented Databases

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: A Silly Idea for Vertically-Oriented Databases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> ISTM we would be able to do this fairly well if we implemented
> Index-only columns. i.e. columns that don't exist in the heap, only in
> an index.
>
> Taken to the extreme, all columns could be removed from the heap and
> placed in an index(es). Only the visibility information would remain on
> the heap.

Wouldn't the extreme be - even the visibility information is in the

Cheers,
mark

--
Mark Mielke <mark@mielke.cc>

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: integrated tsearch doesn't work with non utf8 database
От: "Heikki Linnakangas"
Сообщение: Re: integrated tsearch doesn't work with non utf8 database