Re: DRBD and Postgres: how to improve the perfomance?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: DRBD and Postgres: how to improve the perfomance?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Gregory Stark wrote:
>>> If they're on the same power bus?
>> That chance is minuscule or at least should be. Of course we are
>> assuming some level of conditioned power that is independent of the
>> power bus, e.g; a UPS.
>
> how is that making it different in practise ? - if both are on the same
> UPS they are affectively on the same power bus ...

Well I was thinking the bus that is in the wall. I would assume that
people were smart enough to have independent UPS systems for each server.

city power->line conditioning generator->panel->plug->UPS->server

wash, rinse repeat.

> If the UPS fails (or the generator is not kicking in which happens way
> more often than people would believe) they could still fail at the very
> same time ....

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> Stefan

- --

            UNIQUE NOT NULL

Сообщение: Re: DRBD and Postgres: how to improve the perfomance?
Сообщение: Re: DRBD and Postgres: how to improve the perfomance?