Re: Terms and Definitions for Database Replication

От Markus Schiltknecht
Тема Re: Terms and Definitions for Database Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi,

Robert Treat wrote:
> Example may have been the wrong word. That paragraph explains what single
> master is explicitly, but never explains what multiple master is explicitly
> (ie. more than one node accepting writes, and then using 2PC or conflict
> resultion to push changes around).  So maybe just provide a more explicit
> definition of MM.

I've changed that and added paragraph about multi-master replication
explicitly. Additionally, I'm now mentioning the alternative terms
master-slave as well as primary and secondary.

A paragraph about failover and standby has been added. And the eager vs
lazy text has been made clearer (hopefully).

Other additions: shared-disk vs shared-nothing, vertical and horizontal
partitioning and a rant about 'grids'.

Thank you for your inputs.

Regards

Markus