Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?
Дата
Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Dave Cramer wrote:

> After a quick survey I couldn't find another non-GPL open source app
> server.

Isn't that a fairly arbitary categorization to make? How about open
source app servers that don't begin with 'B'? ;-)

Seriously, not sure exactly what point you're trying to make here. Why
exactly should the existance and licensing of 3rd party software affect
technical decisions about the postgresql JDBC driver?

I think we're drifting away from the main point which is, as I see it,
fairly simple:

What is the implementation advantage of making statement pooling part of
the main driver? There are maintenance issues which count *against* it
being part of the driver so you need to provide a good reason to include it.

Packaging issues are IMO fairly irrelevant because if you must give a
single package to your users, you can always take the base driver and a
separate pooling wrapper, package them together, and say "Hey look here
is the statement-pooling postgresql JDBC driver".

-O

Сообщение: Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?
Сообщение: Re: Caching driver on pgFoundry?