Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

От apoc9009
Тема Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Дата
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)  (Hannu Krosing <hannu@skype.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Sullivan schrieb:
> It seems that what you want is near-real-time online backups with _no
> cost_, which is not a feature that I think anyone will ever work on.
100% Correct!

I think anyone commit the Statement, thadt a Databases is a very
imported Part of Software
for a wide range of Peoples. It is absoluty normaly thadt thoose Peoples
who using Databases having the Wish to have
there Data save and up to Date until to the Last Record of a Customer
(for Example: A Order form a Onlineshop).

Very Large Databases with sizes more then over 1 Terrabyte cannot be
backed up continously using Dumps
or the common Backupmethods

The Abstract need is:

1.An exact Copy (1:1) of the Productiondatabase should be mirrored at a
diffrent Machine, connected via (LAN/WAN) (as Backup)
2.The Backup Operations should be done normaly while the Database is
Online with very small Bandwich, I/O and CPU Trafficcosts.
3.Per Month or Week (or choosable) at a New Backup-Timeline/Version
should be started (depend on the Basebackup)
4.A New Base and  its Streaming Backup Configuration should be
"Hot-Addable" to an running Productiondatabase (without Shutdown or Lock)
5.A Remote Operationmanager Interface (GUI) should be there for
Monitoring and Maintaining the Backups (maybe in PGAdmin)
6.If the Production and Mirror replicated Database is crashed (Hardware
Failure or Provider Problems) the Recovery should done verry fast.

(An Idea for 5. / Clientside)...
It would be a great Feature, if the PSQL-Client having a Local Deamon,
thadt can Download the Backup Catalogues from
the WAN-Backup FTP-Server continously down to the local Adminmachine.
Then the Admin is able to burn the DB-Backups on
DVD or write it on Tape on its local Machine at his Company (if the
Backupreplicationserver fails two or the Internetprovider has
Problems,  the DB-Admin can apply its local Backups from DVD to the New
DB on a New Machine anytime)
Apoc