Re: Call for Speakers PostgreSQL Conference Fall 2007

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Call for Speakers PostgreSQL Conference Fall 2007
Дата
Список pgsql-general

A.M. wrote:

> On Sep 6, 2007, at 21:10 , Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> The PostgreSQL Conference Fall 2007 is shaping up nicely. We are now
>> seeking more speakers. Here is the current lineup:
>
> What's the difference between the conference groups at
> http://www.postgresqlconference.org/ and http://www.pgcon.org/2008/?

The "PostgreSQL Conference" series of conferences are regional community
conferences designed to help strengthen our user base and fund raise for
the PostgreSQL community. All registrations and sponsorships go directly
to the community via SPI, a 501c3 non profit.

PgCon (The PostgreSQL Conference) is a commercial conference in Canada
that takes place in May. It is run by a community member by the name of
Dan Langille and it tracks along BSDCon.

The Fall conference is in Portland Oregon where we are a very short (and
reasonable cheap flight) from Seattle, Denver, Phoenix, and The Bay.

The Winter conference is attached to SCALE and will run in conjunction
with their conference. It is in Southern California.

The two summer conferences are OSCON, which will have a repeat (but
possibly two days) of this years OSCON PostgreSQL conference.

The second of the summer would be along side LWE in August of 08.

Then we wrap to Fall 2008 in Portland again.

Is is our intent to also have at least one geographically strategic
conference on the east coast, and we are attempting to work with the
European communities as well.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

> I am subscribed to general and hackers and this is the first time I've
> seen this particular conference mentioned. Could the announcements be
> made on general as well? Do I need to subscribe to advocacy too?
>
> Cheers,

- --

            UNIQUE NOT NULL