Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
<1189123422.9243.29.camel@dogma.ljc.laika.com>, Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>
wrote:

> I think ... there's still room for a simple tool that can zero out
> the meaningless data in a partially-used WAL segment before compression.
> It seems reasonable to me, so long as you keep archive_timeout at
> something reasonably high.
>
> If nothing else, people that already have a collection of archived WAL
> segments would then be able to compact them.
That would be a *very* useful tool for us, particularly if it could work
against our existing collection of old WAL files.
-Kevin

От: "Kevin Grittner"
Сообщение: Re: Just-in-time Background Writer Patch+Test Results
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Just-in-time Background Writer Patch+Test Results