Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)

От apoc9009
Тема Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Дата
Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)
Список pgsql-hackers
Heikki Linnakangas schrieb:
> apoc9009 wrote:
>
> "Without datalosses" is utopy. For that, you'd need something like
> synchronous replication, otherwise you're always going to have a window
> where you have something committed in the server, but not yet in the
> backup. So it's just a question of how wide that window is, how much
> data loss can you live with.
>
> With file-based log shipping, you can get down to 1 second, by using the
> archive_timeout setting. It will produce a lot of log files with very
> little content in them, but they will compress well.

Yes, it is possible but not recommended . My Backup Servers Filesystem
will explode :D

> The record-based log shipping will give you a very narrow window, down
> to < 1 second or even less if you're willing to poll the server that
> often, but requires some custom development.

Correct, but  this is not good enought and i think there are a lot of
Peoples having the same Problem.
It was wishfull, having a Online Streaming Backupsubsystem, thadt can
produce portable Backupdatabases,
to prevent users for Millions of Archive Files on the Backup FTP-Server.

My Ideaa is the following Folder Structure:

/pg/backup/

Backup 12/24/2007 Version 1
/pg/backup/12_24_2007/base/rcvry.rcv  <--- Basebackup
/pg/backup/12_24_2007/changes/0001.chg  <--- Changed Data                                     /changes/0002.chg  <---
ChangedData                                     /changes/0003.chg  <--- Changed Data

Backup 12/24/2008 Version 2
/pg/backup/12_24_2008/base/rcvry.rcv  <--- Basebackup
/pg/backup/12_24_2008/changes/0001.chg  <--- Changed Data                                     /changes/0002.chg  <---
ChangedData                                     /changes/0003.chg  <--- Changed Data
 ....                                     /changes/0010.chg  <--- Changed Data

                                     /changes/0001.rsf   <---  Recovery
Stripeset File (10 MByte) addon of Basebackup                                     delete *.chg
if a Stripeset of 10 *.chg Files exist, they should be converted or merged
to one greater Recovery Stripe File (*.RSF)

Things to do:

1.A Integradted FTP-Client to the Postmaster Process
2.Online Streamingbackup Logic inside the Postmaster

Apoc

От: "korry.douglas"
Сообщение: Re: Has anyone tried out the PL/pgSQL debugger?
От: apoc9009
Сообщение: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Streaming Onlinebackup (Maybe OFFTOPIC)